V Day is almost here. How will you spend it this year? You’ve heard the old saying “Never make the same mistake twice?!?” Therefore take full advantage of the opportunity to express your love and make someone’s day, this Valentine’s Day! Do you have plans, do you have a man/woman/special friend? If you answered yes, follow these tips below courtesy of HelloBeautiful.com and GOOD LUCK! You’ve been warned!
1. Treating this day just like any other day: Even if you’ve been together for many years and don’t typically make a big deal of Valentine’s Day, at least acknowledge that special someone in your life by letting them know you love them and how much they mean to you. If you’re short on cash, make a card, pick flowers out of your garden, have a picnic on the beach, give each other a massage, or cook your favorite meal together.
2. Settling for the ordinary: According to restaurant critics, Valentine’s Day is the worst time to go out to dinner. Restaurants are crowded and you may not be guaranteed the best service. Try something different for a change. Take a trip to the place where the two of you met. Take him on a horse and buggy ride around the city. Or do something unforgettable and adventurous like going on a hot-air balloon ride together.
3. Resisting chivalry: We don’t see it much these days, but chivalry still matters, especially in the beginning stages of a relationship. It’s always nice if a man opens the door for his date, offers his jacket on a chilly night, pulls out her chair, picks up the tab, and walks her to the door and gives her a gentle kiss on the cheek (with no other expectations).
4. Forgetting to use good manners: Those lessons mom taught you about not talking with food in your mouth and chewing with your mouth shut are still relevant. The fastest way to turn your date off is to have bad table manners. Dress for the occasion, be an attentive listener, put your date first and technology last (mobile devices should be put on silent and stay in your purse or pocket), and don’t drink too much alcohol and run the risk of embarrassing yourself or others.
5. Being closed-minded: It used to be proper protocol for men to ask women out, but times have changed. It is perfectly acceptable for a woman to ask a man out, pay all or part of the bill and even initiate a goodnight kiss.
6. Giving into societal pressure: For many couples, Valentine’s Day comes with a lot of expectations. If you both aren’t ready to get engaged, don’t do it just to please family and friends or if the time isn’t right. Keep the element of surprise alive. Choose to propose when the other person least expects it.
7. Breaking up on Valentine’s Day: If you want out of your relationship, never breakup on Valentine’s Day. It’s unfair, impolite and just in bad taste all around. Valentine’s Day in the years ahead will always be marked with an unpleasant memory for both of you.
FAB FINDS: 10 Sexy Outfit Ideas for Valentine’s Day
1. FAB FINDS: 10 Sexy Outfit Ideas for Valentine’s Day1 of 11
2. Red Lace Dress2 of 11
3. Lace-Up Pumps3 of 11
4. Sequin Dress4 of 11
5. Thigh High Boots5 of 11
6. Kiss Clutch6 of 11
7. Lace Bodysuit7 of 11
8. Wide-cut Pants8 of 11
9. Face Clutch9 of 11
10. Gold Gown10 of 11
11. Red Bow Pumps11 of 11
Jade West “Always On a Musical Quest”
On-Air Personality/Producer/Public Affairs
Host of “Community Conversations” Sunday’s 7-8am
On-Air Sunday’s 3-7pm
Follow me on Twitter @JadeWestONaQst
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews