According to NBC4i, a teen visitor to the Kaleidoscope Youth Center’s LGBTQ+ drop-in hours skipped the pleasantries in a scathing letter addressed to Ohio lawmakers – signing their name “with distaste.”
As state legislators prepare for a second hearing Thursday on a bill that would ban various medical procedures for transgender or non-binary minors in Ohio, queer youth who frequent the LGBTQ+ center Downtown poured their dissent into written testimony.
“This law won’t stop people from being transgender; it only takes away resources for folks to live their best lives,” Erin Upchurch, executive director of Kaleidoscope Youth Center, said while reading a teen’s letter.
“And this one that really just kind of hit home for me, you know, saying that it would take away their lifeline,” she said while reading another teen’s testimony.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Angela Simmons Is Stunning In A Lavender Cut Out Dress
- Airbnb Slave Cabins: Why Was This Even A Thing?
- Prosecutor Drops R. Kelly Sex-Abuse Charges
- Jason Whitlock Blames Tyre Nichols’ Killing On Black Single Moms: ‘They Don’t Want Us Focused On Reality’
- 4 White Supremacists Sentenced For Hate Crime After Brutally Beating A Black DJ
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Remembers Brandon Smiley [WATCH]
- New Couple Alert & Pastor Claims Demons Play Rihanna in Hell [WATCH]
- Memphis Police ‘Shielded And Protected’ White Cop In Tyre Nichols’ Arrest Video, Ben Crump Says
- Anika Kai Gives Us A 3-Step Tutorial On The Underpainting Makeup Trend
- Sixth Officer Involved In Confrontation That Led To Tyre Nichols’ Death Relieved Of Duty
The post Ohio lawmakers to debate bill to ban gender-affirming care for LGBTQ+ youth appeared first on Magic 95.5 FM.
Ohio lawmakers to debate bill to ban gender-affirming care for LGBTQ+ youth was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com