Long live the king.
Prince‘s Minneapolis home and studio, Paisley Park, will be open to the public as a museum come October.
The late icon’s sister Tyka Nelson said in a statement to the press: “Opening Paisley Park is something that Prince always wanted to do and was actively working on.” Tyka continued: “Only a few hundred people have had the rare opportunity to tour the estate during his lifetime. Now, fans from around the world will be able to experience Prince’s world for the first time as we open the doors to this incredible place.”
As for what fans will be able to see, PEOPLE reports the tour will include thousands of artifacts from his personal archives and a look at where he made music:
On the 70-minute museum tour, fans will be able to visit the studios where Prince recorded, produced and mixed his chart-topping hits as well as the soundstage where he rehearsed for tours and hosted exclusive private concerts.
In addition, thousands of artifacts from his personal archives including iconic concert wardrobe, awards, musical instruments, artwork, rare music and video recordings, concert memorabilia, automobiles and motorcycles.
Tickets go on sale online on Friday at 2 p.m. for an Oct. 6 opening.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
19 Surprising Facts About Prince
1. Prince wrote his first song at age 7. He titled it "Funk Machine."Source:Getty 1 of 19
2. Prince once sued Adobe Photoshop to prevent fans from altering his photos. Unfortunately, he lost.Source:Getty 2 of 19
3. Prince's favorite meal was spaghetti and orange juice.Source:Getty 3 of 19
4. The "Purple Rain" soundtrack spent 24 weeks at number one on Billboard.Source:Getty 4 of 19
5. Michael Jackson's "Bad" was supposed to be a duet with Prince.Source:Getty 5 of 19
6. Prince was a devout Jehovah's Witness.Source:Getty 6 of 19
7. In 1980, when John Lennon was murdered, Prince was only a few blocks away.Source:Getty 7 of 19
8. Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks was supposed to write "Purple Rain," but couldn't handle the pressure.Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. Family and friends called Prince "Skipper" as a kid.Source:Getty 9 of 19
10. In 1984, Prince not only had the number one movie in the country, but also the number one single & album.Source:Getty 10 of 19
11. Despite his small stature, Prince was a remarkable basketball player.Source:Getty 11 of 19
12. Prince formed his first band when he was 13 years old.Source:Getty 12 of 19
13. In 2012, Prince dissed Maroon 5 for covering "Kiss."Source:Getty 13 of 19
14. In 2013, Prince performed at "Star Wars" director George Lucas' wedding.Source:Getty 14 of 19
15. The movie "Purple Rain" cost $7 million to make and grossed over $69 million.Source:Getty 15 of 19
16. Prince scrapped his 1987 album "The Black Album" just days before its release.Source:Getty 16 of 19
17. Prince penned The Bangles' "Manic Monday" and Chaka Khan's "I Feel For U."Source:Getty 17 of 19
18. Prince's dad once had a band called Prince Rogers Jazz Trio.Source:Getty 18 of 19
19. Prince sent Janelle Monae a singing telegram asking for a copy of her "The Electric Lady" album.Source:Getty 19 of 19
See Where The Legend Made His Magic: Prince’s Paisley Park Estate Opening As A Museum was originally published on globalgrind.com