Barack Obama has been spending his summer reading a wide variety of books and he shared his reading list on is Facebook page Tuesday.
Obama’s book list ranges from sci-fi thrillers to discussions on immigration and mass incarceration. He starts the list honoring the late Toni Morrison and some of her great works. He said,
To start, you can’t go wrong by reading or re-reading the collected works of Toni Morrison. Beloved, Song of Solomon, The Bluest Eye, Sula, everything else — they’re transcendent, all of them. You’ll be glad you read them.
Check out his full list below.
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source: 1 of 13
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source: 2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source: 3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source: 4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.Source: 5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.Source: 6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source: 7 of 13
8. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source: 8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source: 9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he’s a pretty hands on dad.Source: 10 of 13
11. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source: 11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source: 12 of 13
13. He gave us hope…Source: 13 of 13