Kanye West told the world that Kim Kardashian deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame during an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel” last week.
“I want to shout-out the Walk of Fame, they said something like they’re not gonna put my girl on the Walk of Fame because she’s a reality star,” the rapper said. “People are so so dated and not modern. There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t have a star on the Walk of Fame! It’s ridiculous old concepts.”
Although Kim may entertain us on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” a spokeswoman for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce said Kanye’s girlfriend/baby mama doesn’t qualify for the honor.
“We don’t have reality stars on the Walk of Fame,” Ana Martinez said. “We don’t have a category for it. We’re happy to consider reality stars once they get nominated for, or win, an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar.”
“I know he loves her, and it’s all very sweet,” she said of West. “But she doesn’t qualify.”
Martinez added that the organization will consider reality TV stars when “they’re legitimate actors or singers.”
Tell us, do you agree with Kanye? Are the rules dated? Does Kim K really deserve a star? Weigh in below.
- Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Report: Adrian Peterson’s Alleged Baby Mama Wasn’t Sure Who Fathered Child
- It’s About Time: Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds Gets Star On Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Why Was Pa. Teen Shot By Police And Left Paralyzed?
- Little Known Black History Fact: Carl Brashear, Master Diver
Check Out This Gallery
Sorry Kanye! Spokesperson Says Kim K Doesn’t Qualify For A “Walk Of Fame” Star was originally published on hellobeautiful.com