Bill Cosby may still be celebrating his shocking mistrial verdict, but not everyone is supportive of the legendary comedian these days.
Ben’s Chili Bowl, a restaurant in D.C. known for celebrating Black history and culture, has repainted their famous mural — but this time, sans Cosby.
The controversial star has been a regular customer at the Washington hub since his navy days in the 1950’s. A historical sign outside of the restaurant reads, “Thanks in part to the patronage of entertainer Bill Cosby, Ben’s has become a national landmark.”
Aaaayyyyyeeee when your city put on for you!!!! SO HONORED #DCSTANDUP Thanks @muralsDC. So proud to be included on the wall at #benschillibowl. Thanks @mayor_bowser, @benseverything and @aniekanreloaded. I'm in great company w/ @michelleobama @barakobama, @Davechappelle @ChappelleRCMH @therealdickgregory @eleanorholmesnorton @jimvance @wale #chuckbrown #robertaflack #muhammadali #prince #harriettubman 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💋💋💋
However, his tragic fall from grace has caused almost everyone to rethink their support of him. The repainting comes just a week after a judge declared a mistrial in Bill Cosby’s sexual assault case.
The Cos may be free from prison, but his legacy will forever be scarred.
Check out the new mural above.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY 1/24/13: Bill Cosby, Common, Chelsea Handler & More!
1. 1. Wow! Common looks damn good in this grey fitted suit at the Hollywood premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.1 of 10
2. 2. Quadruple threat! Actor, writer, comedian and producer Larry David flashes a half-smile at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.2 of 10
3. 3. Blast from the past! Bill Cosby poses at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. Lookin' good, Bill! || Photo credit: Wenn.3 of 10
4. 4. Green with envy! Late night funny-woman Chelsea Handler rocks this casual emerald green look on the "Movie 43" red carpet. || Photo credit: Wenn.4 of 10
5. 5. Carlton! '90s sitcom star Alfonso Ribeiro and Angela Unkrich turn heads at the premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.5 of 10
6. 6. All grown up! Ex-disney star Ashley Tisdale looks smokin' on the red carpet! || Photo credit: Wenn.6 of 10
7. 7. Hang loose! The always hilarious Patrick Warburton flashes some beach inspired hand signs at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.7 of 10
8. 8. Oh so chic! Chloe Grace Moretz looks casual, yet chic, in this black and white red carpet ensemble. || Photo credit: Wenn.8 of 10
9. 9. Jazz it up! Robert Townsend and Chris Tucker take advantage of a photo-op at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. || Photo credit: Wenn.9 of 10
10. 10. Double take! Madame Tussauds unveils their oh-so-real looking wax figure of Sandra Bullock. Are you sure that's not really her? || Photo credit: Wenn.10 of 10