Chrissy Teigen wowed us on the red carpet at the 2016 Oscars in a regal Marchesa gown and a braided updo to match. Christian Wood created the elaborate plaited style to compliment the gown’s ornate embellishments.
“[I] created the undone, yet elegant look to juxtapose the glamorous, grown-up feel of the gown and keep Chrissy’s overall look youthful, yet elegant.” ~ Christian Wood
Here’s how you can get the look:
2. Apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse throughout the lengths of the hair, leaving the ends out, then apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer to the ends for a soft, voluminous texture.
3. Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth with the Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer for volume at the roots.
4. Next, take the hair at the crown and pin it away. Take two one-inch sections on both sides of the ears and braid all the way down, while using the fingertips to rub the hair and create texture.
5. Release the hair at the crown and begin to braid down the middle and combined the 5 braids in one hand and secure with an elastic. Using a handful of bobby pins, secure braids for extra hold.
6. Take the lengths of the hair and create a larger braid and secure with an elastic, leaving out the ends at the bottom.
7. To complete the look, pull out loose pieces around the face for beautiful, airy volume. Rub the braids with fingertips to create a soft texture and spray the finished look with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray, for a hold that lasts all night but isn’t stiff or crunchy.
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
1. Chris RockSource:Getty 1 of 22
2. Chrissy Teigen and John LegendSource:Getty 2 of 22
3. Sylvester Stallone & His WifeSource:Getty 3 of 22
4. Pharrell WilliamsSource:Getty 4 of 22
5. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty 5 of 22
6. Rachel McAdams and Michael B. JordanSource:Getty 6 of 22
7. Mindy KalingSource:Getty 7 of 22
8. Andra DaySource:Getty 8 of 22
9. The WeekndSource:Getty 9 of 22
10. Kevin Hart (R) with fiancee Eniko ParrishSource:Getty 10 of 22
11. CommonSource:Getty 11 of 22
12. Priyanka ChopraSource:Getty 12 of 22
13. Lady GagaSource:Getty 13 of 22
14. Whoopi GoldbergSource:Getty 14 of 22
15. Sofia VergaraSource:Getty 15 of 22
16. Dorith MousSource:Getty 16 of 22
17. Robin RobertsSource:Getty 17 of 22
18. Leonardo DiCaprioSource:Getty 18 of 22
19. Brie LarsonSource:Getty 19 of 22
20. Charlize TheronSource:Getty 20 of 22
21. Olivia WildeSource:Getty 21 of 22
22. Jennifer LawrenceSource:Getty 22 of 22