According to NBC4i, charges have been filed in the shooting death of Casey Goodson Jr. by a Franklin County Sheriff’s deputy nearly a year ago.
Jason Meade was indicted Thursday on two charges of murder and one count of reckless homicide. The charges were filed in Franklin County Court.
The death of Goodson, 23, was the first in a series of fatal shootings by law enforcement officers against Black people in the Columbus area — also including Andre’ Hill and Ma’Khia Bryant — that sparked protests around the city.
The charges shed light on what happened on Dec. 4 when Meade, a white deputy, encountered Goodson, and come after months of statements from law enforcement, family members and attorneys that sometimes conflicted with one another.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Radio One Cincinnati: Back to School Sneaker Drive
- A Few Steps To Take After SCOTUS Dismantled National Threshold For Abortion Rights
- Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade
- Ohio’s Heartbeat Bill becomes law
- Gabrielle Union Drops Her Fitness And Health Routine On Instagram
- Lizzo Says She Will Pledge $500k From Her Upcoming Tour To Planned Parenthood Amid Roe v. Wade Decision
- Beyoncé, Drake And House Music History: The Intersection Of Black Music Month And Pride
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Invites Herschel Walker To Debate, Says GOP Rival Hasn’t Officially Accepted
- Hot Spot: Here’s What Happened At Omarion & Mario’s Verzuz + Eva Presents At The BET Awards [WATCH]
- SEE VIDEO: Was Omarion’s Watermelon Eating At Verzuz Sexy Or Cringe? [WATCH]
OHIO: Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr. was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com