A North Carolina woman shares her story, starting with the fact that her church pastor touched her when she was 10 years old. When she told her mom, she didn’t feel like her mom believed her. She moved in with her grandmother, and told her father about what happened. Her father, instead of protecting her, raped her. For years, she has been fending off the spirit and pattern that this sort of abuse cultivates- and not only for herself, but also for her nine year old daughter.
GRIFF explains how this kind of pain can settle in us and take root. Erica Campbell talks about breaking the spirit over her family and overcoming the temptation to normalize this abuse. When we go through experiences that are devastating and colossal, it is tempting to sink into our sorrows and believe we can do no better. But that is not true, Erica explains. God can and will restore the heart- as long as we let Him. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Ali Alexander Plays To His Dwindling Base After January 6 Committee Cooperation Confirmed
- Lori Harvey Shines In All Black While Spending 12 Hours In Vegas
- Brittney Griner Gets Six Month Extension On Russia Detainment
- Cardi B Reveals The Cover Art For Her New Single And It’s Fire!
- Stacey Abrams Lays Out Her Plan As Future Governor To Restore Roe V. Wade
- Azealia Banks Blasts Beyoncé For Copying Her House Sound: “You’re A F**king Creep”
- Gary’s Tea: Nene Leakes Speaks Out About Being Sued By Her Boyfriend’s Wife! [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Here’s What Happened At The 2022 BET Awards [WATCH]
- Black Senate Candidate Punched By Her White GOP Opponent At Abortion Protest
- Pregnancy Related Deaths Could Soar For Black Women Now That Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned
Church Hurt: A Woman’s Urgent Fight Against The Pattern Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com