ASHBURN, VA. — The Washington Football Team has hired Jason Wright as their new team president. This historic move makes Wright the first ever black team president of an NFL franchise.
Washington Football Team appointed Jason Wright as team president in a historic hire. Wright will be responsible for leading the organization’s business divisions, including operations, finance, sales, and marketing. Wright now becomes the first black president of an NFL team. pic.twitter.com/Qoti1iBKAk
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 17, 2020
Wright, a Northwestern grad and two-time All-Big Ten running back, got his start in the NFL as an undrafted free agent signing by the San Francisco 49ers before signing on with the Atlanta Falcons from 2004-2005. He played until 2010, also joining the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals before his retirement.
After his NFL career was over, Wright earned his MBA from Chicago Booth on his way to a successful business and front office career over the past decade.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
When asked on The Today Show about his new job Wright said “I think first and foremost it’s obviously very personal for me…[I] played a decent amount of time in the league and then became a businessman and cut my teeth in some of the best business schools. I have been helping some of the most complex and important organizations around the world transform over the last few years, so for me, it’s personal and an opportunity to bring together my two worlds in a really unique way, at a unique time.” As for becoming the first black team president in NFL history, Wright added “The fact that I happen to be black and the most qualified person for this is a boost.”
- Trump Is Expecting Amy Coney Barrett To ‘Be A Female Antonin Scalia,’ Who Once Said Blacks Need ‘Slower’ Colleges
- “When We Don’t Vote Speech” From Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley Explains Why We Need To Vote [WATCH]
- Huggy Lowdown: Daniel Cameron Is The Bama Of The Week [VIDEO]
- #RussRant: Donald Trump Refuses A Peaceful Transfer Of Power [VIDEO]
- Malika Haqq Collaborates With Naked Wardrobe For A Mommy And Me Clothing Line
- Brandy Interviews Ryan Destiny For The Fall Issue Of Wonderland Magazine
- The Black Ballot: What Are The Criminal Justice Reform Asks Before And Beyond The Election?
- Did You Know Reusable Cotton Pads Are A Thing?
- Twitter Trolls Cite Reginald Denny To Defend Cars Driving Through Protesters
- Nigerian Designer Ivy Ekong Uses Her Fashion Empire To Promote Diversity And Inclusion
Washington Hire First Black Team President in NFL History was originally published on theteam980.com