GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Stacey Abrams Novel ‘While Justice Sleeps’ Will Get A Television Adaptation
- ‘The Game’ Is Once Again Getting A Reboot With Wendy Raquel Robinson And Hosea Chanchez Set To Return
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Samira Wiley Welcomes Baby Girl With Wife Lauren Morelli
- Text to Win a Skyline Gift Card
- CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Don’t Need Face Masks Indoors or Outdoors
- Philonise Floyd Shares What We Will Learn About George Floyd On TV One’s Sins Of The City [WATCH]
- Yara Shahidi Collaborated With Adidas With To Create Yara Shahidi Superstar Shoes
- Who Has The Best Food In Houston?
- #JusticeForPamelaTurner: Civil Rights Leaders Organize Rally On Second Anniversary Of Her Death
- Black Man Charged With Manslaughter For Fatally Punching Old Man Over Racist Slur