GOP Senator Rob Portman announced that he will not be running for office again at the end of his term. Senator Portman’s current term will end in 2022 and is sure to cause a heated battle to fill his position.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Portman cited the lack of “partisan gridlock” and frustrations for his exit.
“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision.”
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Cincy’s “30 Under 30”
- Black Business Spotlight: Lisa & Jamaal Kelly of Vegan Meats, Treats & Eats
- Rihanna Just Tweeted Me (And Likely You) The Latest Savage X Fenty Drip And Whew! We Are Grateful
- Louisiana’s Grambling State University Suffers 2nd On-Campus Shooting In 4 Days Leaving 1 Dead And 7 Injured
- Gang with past abductions blamed for kidnapping Ohio missionaries
- Cincinnati: UC Bearcats Number 2 In The AP Rankings
- Travis Baker: Proposed To Kourtney Kardashian!
- MODEL MONDAY: Tricia Baptiste Went From Doing PR For A Brand To Modeling For Them
- The Antebellum Tale Of Black Slave Girl Molly And The Haunting Of Sorrel-Weed House
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- Moving Beyond the Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action