According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- Kanye Gearing Up for Another Listening Party
- Alfonso Ribeiro Cites His Interracial Marriage For Not Being Accepted By The Black Community
- Wiz Khalifa Slept In A Bonnet For The First Time And This Was His Reaction
- Enter to Win a Home Podcast Studio!
- Marjorie Harvey’s New Louis Vuitton Purse Costs The Equivalent To A Tesla
- Video Shows Texas Cop Brutally ‘Choked’ Black Teen Girl ‘Simply Walking Home,’ Violently Arrested Her Mom
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Teeny Tiny Blue Bikini
- LeVar Burton Hosting ‘Jeopardy!’ Is Black Joy Personified
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com