According to sources, the Big Ten is expected to announce Football will resume in October. In August, the Conference voted to postpone all fall sports due to concerns over Coronavirus COVID-19. University Presidents voted 11-3 in the August vote with only Nebraska, Ohio State, and Iowa pushing to move forward with the fall season.
The News was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
October 23rd is the reported return date for the conference making it an 8 game season. The timing should allow the Big Ten to be represented in the Collge Football Playoff before the announcement of teams in October.
We will have more as the news develops.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- 5 Black Women To Consider For Next Supreme Court Justice
- Who Will Be The Next Supreme Court Nominee? Another Issue Black Voters Must Stay On Top Of
- Keeping It Local: Community Leader Cassandra Welchlin Is Galvanizing Voting Power In Jackson, Mississippi
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Death Draws Attention To Her Complicated Legacy On Race
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- Halle Berry Has A New Man & She Revealed His Identity… Sort Of [PHOTO]
- 2020 CURLFEST Host Bre Scullark Remembers Being Told Her Hair Was ‘Nappy’
- Pretty Girls Sweat And Sunday II Sunday Team Up To Make Fitness Fun And Affordable For Black Women