According to NBC4i, Ohio’s Secretary of State has resubmitted a proposal to legalize recreational marijuana.
After a legal skirmish struck the initiated statute from last year’s ballot, Secretary of State Frank LaRose reintroduced an act to legalize, tax and regulate the adult use of cannabis, according to a copy of LaRose’s letter Tuesday to the General Assembly. If the Republican Statehouse supermajority fails to adopt the measure within four months, the question could come before Ohio voters in November 2023.
The 34-page act would legalize the possession, purchase, and sale of marijuana by Ohioans ages 21 and older, while implementing a 10% tax on the sale of all cannabis products. If enacted, Ohio would join 21 other states to allow the drug’s recreational use, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- R&B Music Experience Winning Weekend
- Recession Forthcoming? President Joe Biden Joins the Rickey Smiley Morning Show [LISTEN]
- Malik Smiley Graduates from Alabama State University [LISTEN]
- Cincinnati: Don Juan Fasho Talks To Mt. Healthy Basketball Coach
- Beyoncé: Drops Surprise Song “My House” In Tandem With ‘Renaissance’ Film Premiere [VIDEO]
- Taylor Swift: Supports Beyonce’s London Premiere
- Cincinnati: The Bengals Will Have A Saturday Night Game
- ‘Good Burger 2’: Is Paramount+’s Most-Watched Original Film
- After Secretly Burying Dexter Wade, Jackson, Mississippi Finally Adds Next-Of-Kin Notification Policy
- Diabetes Awareness Month: How To Travel Smart With Type 1 Diabetes
Ohio Could Be Voting to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in 2023 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Meet Ronald Isley's Wife, Kandy Johnson Isley, Who is Thirty-Five Years Younger Than Him
Rhythm on The River Postponed
Katt Williams is Headed Back Home
Rhythm on the River Entertainment/Performance Schedule
Ohio Issue 2: Recreational Marijuana Officially On November Ballot
DL’s Top 10 Signs Your Wife Doesn’t Love You Anymore
Are Jennifer Hudson And Common The Newest Celebrity Couple?