COVID-19 diagnoses are on the rise in the area and are affecting essential employees in the Cincinnati area and beyond. This includes Cincinnati Metro drivers who have been hit hard with the infectious disease. In less than one month eight Cincinnati Metro drivers have tested positive for COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to Metro spokesperson Brandy Jones the most recent driver to fall ill reportedly drive routes on July 6 and 7 on Route 17, Seven Hills – Mt. Healthy – Mt. Airy – Northgate between the hours of 6:19 a.m. and 11:42 a.m. The operator also drove Route 33, Western Hills to Glenway, from 3:29 p.m. to 5:47 p.m.
The ill Metro employee is currently in quarantine and employees that came in contact with the driver have been notified. People that have ridden the buses are asked to monitor their health closely and seek medical attention if they believe they are sick.
Cincinnati Metro is going to extra safety measures to follow CDC guidelines that include regularly sanitizing and cleaning the buses, social distancing while riding, and mandatory mask-wearing.
Cincinnati is currently under a mandatory mask or face covering mandate. If you go out in public you are to wear a mask or face covering. For more details on the mandate click here.
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Cincy’s “30 Under 30”
- Philadelphia Woman Raped On Train While Onlookers Recorded Without Helping
- $1,000 Stolen in Family Dollar Heist!
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Making Progress Finding Justice In Famous Atlanta Child Murders Case
- Whole Food Wasting over $1,000 in Food!
- Bill Cosby Accused of another Rape from 1990!
- Zendaya Coleman Is The Youngest Celebrity To Receive The CFDA’s Fashion Icon Award
- Rahm Emanuel’s Ambassador Hearing Set For Anniversary Of Laquan McDonald’s Murder He Allegedly Covered Up
- Cincinnati: 7 Digit Dialing Is Going Away This Weekend 10 Digit Dialing Will Be Required
- Jamie Foxx: Opens Up On His Idea Of Marriage
- Nia Long Brings The Sexy To Old Spice’s New Commercial, Dishes On Her Most Stylish Character