According to NBC4i, a notorious Haitian gang known for brazen kidnappings and killings was accused by police Sunday of abducting 17 missionaries from a Millersburg, Ohio-based organization. Five children were believed to be among those kidnapped.
The 400 Mawozo gang kidnapped the group — which also included some elderly people — in Ganthier, a commune that lies east of the capital of Port-au-Prince, Haitian police inspector Frantz Champagne told The Associated Press.
The gang, whose name roughly translates to 400 “inexperienced men,” controls the Croix-des-Bouquets area that includes Ganthier, where they carry out kidnappings and carjackings and extort business owners, according to authorities.
Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries said the kidnapped group consisted of 16 U.S. citizens and one Canadian, for a total of five children, seven women, and five men. The organization said they were on a trip to visit an orphanage.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Beyoncé Pose With Rumi and Blue In Houndstooth For the ‘Halls of Ivy’ Collection
- Rihanna Dazzles In A Bottega Veneta Gown As She Accepts The National Hero Of Barbados Award
- Dr. Collier Shares Everything You Need To Know About The Omicron Variant Of COVID-19 [WATCH]
- Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her Dance Moves In A Striped Stevie The Designer Dress
- Columbus Film Director gets Distribution for movie “The Female Hustler”
- Mother And Son Both Killed While In Police Restraints – Years Later Family Still Seeks Justice
- Cincinnati: A Man Found Dead In Kennedy Heights Remembered As A Great Boxer
- Jack Dorsey: Steps Down As Twitter Ceo
- The Remarkable Reinvention Of Wesley Snipes – How Much Is He Worth Now?
- Former OSHP trooper found guilty of sex crimes is sentenced
Gang with past abductions blamed for kidnapping Ohio missionaries was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com