If you are teaching a teenage driver, or if you struggle driving without clutching onto your phone, keep reading.
Ohio Governor Mike Dewine has officially signed the Distracted Driving Bill into law.
In a move designed to put a stop to distracted driving, the new bill allows police officers to pull drivers over for “using, holding, or physically supporting” their smartphone while their driving.
Over the last 5 years, according to reports, more than 74,000 car accidents in Ohio have come at the hand of a distracted driver.
Via FOX 8…
Drivers would still be allowed to hold a phone to their ear when stopped at a red light, using speakerphone without holding the phone or holding a phone to their ears for calls, but not using text or typing.
Troopers said drivers ages 15 to 24 make up almost 40% of those crashes.
Before the bill was signed into law, police could only cite drivers for distracted driving after pulling them over for another offense.
To finish this story by FOX 8, [click here].
This is obviously something that will take a lot of us a little while to get used to! Make sure you pass this post on to a driver that you know is distracted with their phone more often than they should be!
- Travis Kelce: Goes Hollywood
- Beyonce: Has Made Country Music History
- Mary J. Blige: Reflects On Her Legacy Empowering Women In Music
- Bears: To Hire Jennifer King As Assistant Running Back Coach
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
- Oh Boy: Cam’ron Must Pay $51K For Misuse of Copyrighted Photo of Himself
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- Marley Music: YG Marley Scores Breakout Hit With Help From His Legendary Mom Lauryn Hill
- Black Man Falsely ID’ed As ‘Illegal Immigrant’ At Kansas City Chiefs Parade Shooting Has Life Ruined By GOP Lies
- What Did You Just Say? The Top 24 Gen Z Slang Phrases That Leave Older Generations Confused
Drivers in Ohio Can Now Be Pulled Over For Holding Their Phone was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
We Them Ones Cincinnati: Mike Epps, DC Young Fly & More!
"50 Years of Hip-Hop" Show featuring Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
5 Reasons Janet Jackson Is Undoubtedly The Queen Of Pop
Meet Ronald Isley's Wife, Kandy Johnson Isley, Who is Thirty-Five Years Younger Than Him
Ron Isley’s Salt & Pepper Swag Has Aunties Ready To Risk It All
8 New Year Superstitions To Spark A Successful 2024
Mississippi GOP’s Rogue Court Set To Begin As Judge Rejects Last-Ditch Effort To Halt Project
What You Need To Know: The Kroger Wellness Festival featuring Venus Williams, Chad Johnson, and MORE!